Request Containers for Your Apartment or Condo

If you rent an apartment, first talk to your property manager if:

  • You don't have a recycling or food and yard waste (compost) container
  • Your recycling or food and yard waste (compost) container is too small
  • Your building is part of the Clear Alleys Program (CAP) and you need garbage or recycle CAP bags

If your property manager is unable to help, fill out this anonymous form. We will follow up with your property manager and help them provide enough service.


If you live in a house, duplex, triplex, or fourplex and you would like to change your container size, do not use the above form. Submit an online request here or call (206) 684-3000.


Contact us

If you are an apartment or condominium resident and you prefer to contact us directly about waste concerns at your building, email us at or leave us a voice message at (206) 684-8717.


Public Utilities

Andrew Lee, General Manager and CEO
Address: 700 5th Avenue, Suite 4900, Seattle, WA, 98104
Mailing Address: PO Box 34018, Seattle, WA, 98124-5177
Phone: (206) 684-3000

Newsletter Updates


Sign up for the latest updates from Public Utilities

Seattle Public Utilities (SPU) is comprised of three major direct-service providing utilities: the Water Utility, the Drainage and Wastewater Utility, and the Solid Waste Utility.